Who are The Christadelphians?
Christadelphian means "brethren in Christ". Christadelphians are a world-wide community who seek to follow the teachings of the Bible and the example of Jesus Christ.
Our beliefs can be briefly summarised by considering the Lord's Prayer found in Matthew 6:9-13
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen"
From this passage and others in the Bible, Christadelphians believe:
- God is the Father and creator of all, and Jesus Christ is His son
- God will establish His kingdom on earth in the future
- This will be a kingdom based on God's values
- God provides for our daily needs
- We are to seek God's forgiveness and be forgiving of others
- We are to do what is right
- All things are God's and He deserves our honour and respect
The Bible and its principles form the basis of life at the College. Each day commences with prayer at a combined assembly and a short Bible reading. A theme based on qualities, attitude and behaviour that is based on the Bible is discussed daily. These themes include: diligence, gratitude, respect, kindness, peaceableness, joyfulness, initative, self control, honesty, generosity, patience, loyalty, friendship and wisdom. Practical demonstration of these qualities is promoted in the College.